Introducing 8 Weeks to Wellness: the first available online Nutrition Coaching Course from The Nutrition Doula.
CLASS BEGINS MARCH 9TH!
When I was 7 months pregnant with my second child, I hit a low point. I wasn’t sure how I would make it through the rest of the third trimester, given how run down I was already feeling. Maybe it was because I was exhausted from working in a high-stress, full-time job. Maybe it was because when I wasn’t working, I was wrangling a rambunctious toddler mostly on my ownÂ (who loved to wake up EVERY day at 4:30am!). Maybe it was because I was losing my sense of self to the monotony of every daily chore and a never-ending to-do list. Whatever the reason, I was run down, feeling unhealthy, unjoyful, and like I was a thousand years older than I actually was.
8 Weeks to Wellness was born out of this moment. Since this time, I have learned and experienced just how powerful good nutrition can be in restoring your health and vitality. Through some intense work and a lot of support over the next month, I came through this low point feeling healthier, happier, and more energetic by 8 months pregnant than I had at any point before then. The “normal” aches and pains of the third trimester seems to vanish. I wasn’t relying on caffeine and sugar to make it through the day with my eyes semi-open and I could keep up with the toddler once again.
Whats in it for you?
This course is designed specifically for pregnant, postpartum, breastfeeding, and new moms to help you to navigate the world of nutrition for yourself and your families. If you are a mom with kids under 5, this is for you. Are you one of the thousands of women who:
- struggle with your weight and with what to eat in order to get your body to where you want it to be?
- worry that dieting could ruin your breastfeeding relationship and feel stuck because of that?
- wakes up every day feeling like you could sleep another 8 hours and still not feel energized?
- is jealous of your toddler because they get to nap at daycare?
- struggling to feed yourself anything that isn’t in a package or takeout, since your full-time job and “mom duties” steal any time you have to cook and prep food?
- worry about the goldfish or other snacks that you are feeding your toddler and struggling to find a way to get them to eat a vegetable?
- feels like even if you were to make a healthy change, your partner and kids would resent you for it and there would be fights over dinner?
- is tired of cooking two or three meals to fit everyone’s preferences, so you resort to eating the chicken nuggets and Mac and cheese yourself?
- finds yourself sitting on the couch after the kids are in bed, eating a cupcake or bowl of ice-cream most nights?
If you see yourself in any of these questions above, then 8 Weeks to Wellness was designed to help you! This is the course that will not only teach you how to see through the dieting and weight loss BS advice that is out there, but it will also give you the time to establish the habits you need to be successful in maintaining your health and wellness after the class if completed.
What will you learn?
8 Weeks to Wellness helps you change your nutrition and food choices permanently for the better, without being an extreme shift from your regular life. When I describe how this course works to friends, I always say “You know that an apple is healthier than a cookie, right? Well I help my clients learn how toÂ want the apple instead of the cookie!” In this course, you will get:
- 5 Nutritional Foundation Lessons, with handouts and video explanation.
- Special #momhacks for saving an immense amount of time while cooking at home (yes, I show you how to whip up a nutritious home-cooked meal that your kids and partner will also love in 10 minutes!)
- A solid understanding of nutritional labels and ingredients, so you can have the “decoder ring” and learn what is effecting your health
- Time saving tips for meal planning, grocery shopping, and meal prepping
- Guidance on mindset changes that will help you to get off of the dieting bandwagon forever
- Several bonus lesson topics, like healthy snacking, coordinating your nutrition with full time work, and how to navigate parties and gatherings
- Access to ME for the 8 week course, to help answer questions on your personal situation, which effectively custom tailors the course to fit YOUR life!
How it Works
When you enroll in the program, you will be added to a private (secret) Facebook group with the other program participants. Over the course of 8 weeks, you will be introduced to foundational nutrition lessons, designed to help you understand the why behind food an nutrition. I will personally walk you through the lessons and be available to go over the information and any questions you may have.
The course also provides weekly video instruction which teaches you how to implement what you are learning about nutrition in your day-to-day life, without disrupting your world. Some of the topics included are: how to read labels and what it all means, how to get your spouse (and kids) onboard with healthy changes, healthy swaps for your current favorite foods (you don’t have to give them up!), what exactly is a calorie and why they matter (or do they?), how to stay healthy during holidays and special events, and time-saving tricks to healthy meals and snacks.
Here is some of what our course graduates are saying about the material!
“Before starting, I was hesitant about a couple thingsâ€¦.a) that everything would be too much of a change for me to be able to keep it up and b) that Iâ€™d have to completely change my approach and way I grocery shop, start going to health food stores (which Iâ€™ve never done), and spend a lot more each week on foodâ€¦both concerns which werenâ€™t a reality.”
“Overall I’m eating way more veggies and drinking way more water, eating way less sugar and processed food.”
“I’m down inches, up energy, and still down pounds overall over the holidays!”
“Best part was simple, but thorough lessons… Plus your quick responses to questions.”
“Iâ€™ve seen an increase in my energy levels, Iâ€™m eating foods that give me more nutrition with less quantities (more bang for my buck), Iâ€™ve expanded my horizons in terms of trying new veggies, and Iâ€™m more able to make conscious choices about what I consume.”
“Alasen is friendly, non-judgemental, supportive, helpful, engaged, and wanting everyone to be at their best!”
“I’ve told so many people about my “program” and how simple it is to follow. I would love to join a second round now that the holidays are over!”
8 Weeks to Wellness is a game changer for busy moms. It lets you make health and nutrition a part of the fabric of your life, rather than an “extra” thing that you struggle to find time to do. It gives you the freedom to get off the dieting bandwagon, regain your health, and live your life!
If you are interested in signing up, please DO! I would love to have you participate.
If you would like to read our FAQ, click here.