Fall is in the air, which means that it’s time to bring out the delicious soup recipes. This one is not only delicious, but also simple to make and it uses up those asparagus pieces that you probably usually toss or compost. It’s feels good to “waste not, want not.”
- 2 C Asparagus (you can save the ends you cut from asparagus when preparing it for other recipes for this)
- 4 C Bone Broth or Chicken Stock
- 4 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Crushed Garlic
- 1/2 C diced Onion
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Herbs de Provence (to taste)
- Heat the olive oil in a covered skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and sauté. Cover the skillet and allow the asparagus to cook until they are soft. Add the garlic and onion and continue to sauté until the onion is soft and clear. At this point the asparagus should be extremely soft (almost mushy).
- Divide the bone broth (or stock) into two portions and heat them to the desired temperature for your soup.
- Place the skillet mixture into a high powered blender (or food processor) add half of the broth (or stock) and blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth. Slowly add in the remaining broth and continue to blend for 5 minutes. Add salt or pepper if needed.
- Pour the soup into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with Herbs de Provence and enjoy!